Our mission at Torneria Pediatrics is to care for your child and provide the most up to date and high quality pediatric care. We desire to foster an ongoing relationship between our doctor and team and your family, and become your primary care physician of choice for your child’s health care needs. We value the relationships with our families, and enjoy caring for newborns through young adults.
Our mission at Torneria Pediatrics is to care for your child and provide the most up to date and high quality pediatric care. We desire to foster an ongoing relationship between our team and your family, and become your primary choice for your child’s health care needs. We value the relationships with our families, and enjoy caring for newborns through young adults.
• Quality: we maintain the highest standards and achieve them by continually measuring and improving our outcomes.
• Teamwork: we collaborate and share knowledge to benefit patients and fellow caregivers for the advancement of our mission.
• Service: we strive to exceed our patients’ and/or fellow caregivers’ expectations for comfort and convenience.
• Integrity: we adhere to high moral principles and professional standards by a commitment to honesty, confidentiality, trust, respect and transparency.
• Compassion: we demonstrate our commitment to world-class care by providing a caring and supportive environment for our patients, patients’ families and fellow caregivers
Welcome to Torneria Pediatrics. I am Carlos Torneria, a board-certified pediatrician, who have been caring for children in Florida since 2010. Long before I attended medical school, I knew my career path involved working with children. As time went by, I chose medicine as the vehicle to fulfill my dreams.
I graduated from medical school in 2005 from Universidad Iberoamericana, located in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. In 2009 I completed my pediatric residency at MetroHealth Medical Center, in Cleveland OH. I remained an extra year at MetroHealth as the chief resident for the pediatric residency program, as well as a pediatric attending staff. In 2010 I moved down to Florida and worked for 6 years at two Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC), serving children in underserved areas.
I was born in Santurce, Puerto Rico and lived in Puerto Rico for 18 years. I am the youngest of 3 siblings and my family is originally from Chile. When I am away from work, I enjoy spending time with my wife Priscilla and 2 young daughters, Ignacia and Camila. I am an avid runner and participate in a many races during running season. I also loves the beach and often spend weekends in St. Pete’s Beach, my favorite beach spot in Florida.
As of today, we are credentialed with Cigna, BCBS, Wellcare/Staywell, Florida Medicaid, Humana, cms network, UnitedHealthcare, ambetter, and Aetna.
Below you will find our commonly requested office forms. If you are a new patient we encourage you to complete and drop off your new patient paperwork prior to your first visit so that you can be seen more quickly.
Questions about our practice? Send us an email!
Contact us anytime to learn more about our pediatric office. You can also follow us on Facebook (Torneria Pediatrics) to read up-to-date information about our office.